Our mission statement
Here you can find out about how we run things at Wix & Wrabness Pre-School.
Wix & Wrabness Preschool provides a safe, happy and stimulating educational environment in which children aged from 2 years old are valued as unique individuals, supported by caring, experienced and qualified practitioners.
Learning through play and interaction in a place where they have ownership over their environment, we promote an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement where children are prepared for their next steps in learning, so that they are happy, confident, creative, sociable and enthusiastic learners, who look forward to challenges.
A strong partnership between home and preschool is created, liaising closely with parents, other professionals and linking with our community.
• Ensure that the welfare of each individual child in our care is paramount and forms the basis of our practice
• Promote the way in which children learn through play and first hand experiences and arrange the setting environment to meet this end
• Enable children to develop confidence, self-esteem and resilience
• Plan for and develop the individual needs of each child in our care via the key person system and careful adult support and facilitation
• All act as positive role models for the children in our care
• Act in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles and Commitments
• Always recognise that parents and carers are the first and most enduring educators of their child
• Create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for all individuals who use our setting
• Ensure that all individuals, children and adults alike, can enjoy the setting environment without judgment or discrimination from others
• Accommodate the individual needs of all who access our setting, irrespective of ethnic heritage, social and economic background, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
• Listen to the views of all who use our setting; children, parents, employees and other professionals
• Continually reflect upon practice, as a setting and as individuals to ensure continual improvement of provision
• At all times comply with relevant National and Local legislation and guidance
• Implement our policies and procedures consistently and review them as deemed necessary and at least annually
If you would like a place for your child at our Pre-School, please pop in and see us and we'll gladly take the time to explain everything you need to know. You can make an appointment by phone or by using our contact form. We look forward to meeting you!
Out of hours number:07949 277717
A Key Person will be appointed to each child when they join the Pre-School, if a child forms a bond with a particular member of staff the Pre-School will endeavour to place the child with them as their Key Person.
The Key Person will work with parents to plan and deliver a personalised plan for the child's well-being,care and learning. Creating their very own Learning Journey Book which they will receieve at the end of their Pre-School education with us.
A Key Person is responsible for development records and for sharing information on a regular basis with the child's parents to keep those records up to date, therefore reflecting the full picture of the child in our setting and at home.
We promote the role of the Key Person in our setting as the basis for establishing trusted relationships.
What happens if my child is ill?
It's unavoidable that small children catch all kinds of minor infections. For a speedy recovery and to prevent the other children from falling ill, children who are unwell must be kept at home. If your child has sickness or diarrhea or been prescribed anti-biotics please allow 48 hrs before you return your child to Pre-School. If the disease is infectious please check the disease chart found in our sickness policy for the reccommended time off.
If you have to give your child Calpol in the morning because they are a little under the weather, we ask that you keep them at home for that day.